Certificate Program in Embedded
Embedded system is a system combined of hardware and software that perform a specific task and embedded (inbuilt) as a part of a complete device.
An embedded system is frequently a computer that is implemented for a particular purpose. In contrast, PC computer usually serves a number of purposes: checking email, surfing the internet, listening to music, word processing, etc… However, embedded systems usually have only a single task, or a very small number of related tasks which are performed by programming into the controller.Get Best Embedded System Training by KVCH.
Embedded system has two main parts:
- Hardware: An embedded system requires a hardware platform on which to run. The hardware will be based around a microprocessor or microcontroller. The embedded system will also contain other hardware elements including memory, input output (I/O) interfaces as well as the user interface, and the display. Most common Microcontrollers used in embedded are AVR, PIC, ARM based controller, etc.
- Software: The embedded system software is written to perform a particular function. It is typically written in a high level format and then compiled down to provide code that can be lodged within a non-volatile memory within the hardware. Most common programming languages used in embedded are C, C++ etc.
An Example of Embedded system is washing machine which is designed to perform some task as per commands given by user using keys (switches). Here keys are used to take inputs from user and give it to the processing unit ,then a processor analyze the data and provide outputs according to the commands given by programming . Output devices can be actuators and a LCD to display.
The application of embedded system is limitless as embedded systems are playing important roles in our lives every day. Some of the embedded systems we use every day control the menu system on television, the timer in a microwave oven, a cell phone, an MP3 player or any other device with some amount of intelligence built-in. embedded systems is a rapidly growing industry where growth opportunities are numerous.
Basics of C language introduction
- C Language co-relate b/w Embedded System
- Structure of a C program
- Components of C program
- Data types
- Operators statements
- Control Statements, if else conditions
- Switch cases in C
- Control loops
- Functions in C
- Recursion functions
- Qualifiers in C.
- Introduction to pointer
- Single pointer, Double pointer
- Pointer Arithmetic, Call by value function, Call by reference function
- Introduction to Array,
- Array using Pointer
- Multidimensional Array
- Array with Function, Array of Pointer, Pointer of Array
- Introduction to string
- String constant, string variable
- String library function
- String pointer, Array of string
- Embedded system Introduction
- Overview of PIC series MCU
- Output devices interfacing
- Input devices interfacing
- ADC (Analog to Digital Converter)
- Serial Communication
- Wireless Communication module
- RF based wireless Communication
- GSM Module based communication
- Introduction to embedded Linux
- Cross-compiler tool-chains
- Machine emulator and virtualizer
- Linux booting process
- File system