Certificate program in Android(IBM Worklite)
Lack of project exposure is one of the biggest challenges faced by IT companies while recruiting new hires like you. To bridge this gap, the IBM Career Education Program provides an opportunity in Experiential Learning to work on projects based on real-world problems, rather than industry simulations. Make the right beginning with a project that requires practical knowledge to back-up the theories you have mastered.
The IBM Career Education – Enterprise Mobile Application Project enables the student to roll out through all the phases of application development from Requirements to Deployment for mobile platforms using IBM Worklight. These projects mainly focus on SDLC process and usage various tools for SDLC phases. Students get an opportunity to apply a chosen application development methodology and understand the workflow in each phase of SDLC.
This course is for students who wish to get up to speed with writing apps for Android devices.
On completion of project students will learn:
Requirements and its types:-
- Choosing amongst various process models / methodology that suit the requirements.
- Process of mapping requirements to analysis & design, development, testing
- Creating Analysis and design of an application using UML diagrams like Use Case, Class, Sequence, Activity-etc
- Accommodating nonfunctional requirements while analyzing, designing, developing an application
- Creating Test cases for an application
- Establishing Traceability from Requirements to Test Cases
- Applying Object Oriented Programming concepts like re-usability, encapsulation, polymorphism, inheritance -etc in the development of an application.
- Concepts of Configuration Management like Version, Build – etc
- Manual Testing of an application.
- Best Practices of mentoring Engineering students on Projects Artifacts from IBM
- Software Development Life Cycle and different SDLC process models
- Basic network and operating system security concepts
- UML diagramming techniques like Class diagram, Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Activity diagram-etc
- Fundamentals of DBMS and database designing
- Basics of testing like types and levels of Testing, writing test cases
- Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Basic web application architecture and deployment
- Hands on experience on Java
These projects mainly focus on building the students’ skills on appreciating and understanding the methodology to developing effective algorithmic codes and develop interactive user experience, which is the key aspect for a successful project implementation.